My lovely friend Rami has nominated me for the Liebster Award – which is a super way to start a new week! I humbly accept therefore I write this post and must include: 11 facts about myself, nominate 9 other blogs for the award, and post 11 question for THEM to answer.
Since the blogs I hereby nominate for their own Liebster Award are by far the most important of that list; here are 9 blogs you really should be following:
- Write, Write, Write, Sleep, Write
- Beyond the Fiction
- Catherine, Caffeinated
- Kit Cole Books
- Little Miss Wordy
- Angela Quarles
- Modern Papyrus
- Farmhouse Musings
- Word Chaser
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. Cat person or Dog person?
2. Your favourite Poet?
3. Your favourite Speech?
4. The colour of your front door (of your house):
5. Bike or Car?
6. If you could travel through time, what(when) would be your first destination?
7. If money were no object, where would you retire?
8. The number one thing we should dedicate our collective brains to as a human population is __________
9. Favourite meal:
10. Do you have an arch enemy?
11. Who is your favourite villain of all time (fictional)?
11 Things about me:
1. I read at an insane speed and consume books like the cookie monster takes on cookies.
2. I’m really looking forward to the Bones premiere this week.
3. I love reading scary fiction but can’t write it (I’ve tried and it just comes out funny)
4. I love to learn new artsy skills like woodworking (I learned how to dove tail joints this summer), mosaics (took a 6-week class and it was awesome).
5. I love Tintin and Asterix books.
6. My cat’s name is Coppernicus.
7. My pet peeve is inaccuracy so I live in fear of my research failing in some way and getting called out on a book/article as being inaccurate.
8. I really suck at math.
9. I’ve been without a cell phone for 3 months and I’m losing my mind.
10. I don’t understand eggplants. ‘Nuff said.
11. I over-cinnamon everything. Normal people have salt issues or sugar issues. I have a cinnamon issue.
And now 11 questions from Rami’s blog (phew!):
1. Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? Yes I do. I’m a practicing Hindu and I believe in karma and God.
2. If you could meet any historical personage, who would you meet and what would you say to them? Gah! Queen Elizabeth and I would ask her why she left her kingdom without an heir or a plan for her death.
3. What scares you the most in the world? Religiously-justified violence. It’s even worse than fighting about land or oil.
4. Morning, afternoon, or evening person? Morning for sure.
5. What was the worst job you ever had the displeasure of holding? Script-writer. Thankless and boring.
6. If you could dress up as anything for Halloween this year, regardless of price, what would you dress up as? Iron Man.
7. What’s your dream job? Full-time professional novelist.
8. If you could be somebody else for a day, who would you be? (This could be anything from an actual person–President Barack Obama or Vera Farmiga, for example–or it can be anything as simple as “a dancer” or “a music producer”) —- I actually don’t have anyone. I’m pretty happy as me….
9. What is your favourite color? RED!
10. What do you think you’ll be doing in 10 years? Good Lord, I don’t know, but I <hope> writing and travelling lots.
11. If you had to brave some sort of apocalypse or natural disaster in your city/town/village, who would want to brave it with? My family obviously, though they’d be nearly useless. My best friends (who have actually spent time thinking about zombie apocalypse(s).