Thanks so much for everyone who made it out to my book launch in Toronto, and for all my fans who have already made Thrice Burned such a success – I am in awe of all the support!
This review of Thrice Burned over at the CanLit for Little Canadians blog is so glowing and lovely, I’d like to just transcribe it word-for-word (but I won’t!).
Here is a sample:
Reading A Portia Adams Adventure, whether it be Jewel of the Thames or Thrice Burned, is like revisiting the writings of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Just as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle often chose to recount several of Sherlock Holmes’ cases in a single tome, Angela Misri follows suit, extending the authentic and complementary nature of the series to those of the famous detective. Thrice Burned is like having new Sherlock Holmes mysteries to read, only now starring an inquisitive and astute young woman (without the Asperger’s Syndrome tendencies) and in a London of the 1930s. And it works so, so well. Elementary, wouldn’t you say?
It is high time I got these ready for the Thrice Burned book launch in 4 weeks!
It’s that time already – Thrice Burned is ready to heat up the YA world starting in March 2015 – and that means I’m looking for blogs to tour!
Types of stops on the tour:
- Q&A with the Author
- Guest Post with topic of your choice
- Top 5 or Top 10 lists
PLUS each Blog that participates gets to run a contest to give away an e-book copy of Thrice Burned!
The blog tour for Thrice Burned runs March 9 – 24, 2015 and we’ve got about
8 5 stops left open.
Let me know in the comments if you’re interested in participating – I would be honoured to be featured on any of your fantastic blogs my friends.
… when you are closer in time to the launch of Book 2 than you are to the launch of Book 1.
Hence the change in the look of this site – it’s time to ramp up for Thrice Burned !
So here’s what you need to know about Portia’s return to Baker Street:
- We catch up with our young detective right after her eye-opening Christmas in Edinburgh
- She gets back to London just in time to be pulled into the spate of arsons plaguing the city
- Portia gets two new best friends (and one of them is a little hairy)
- It’s decision time for Portia Adams – is she going to be an amazing lawyer or the best detective in London since Sherlock Holmes?
- the three casebooks in Book 2 involve Arson, Suicide and a case of Stolen Identity